[CIG-SHORT] error when running pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Nov 2 09:39:09 PDT 2011

Bobak,

RuntimeError: Could not find final slip at (  245551  4.48109e+06) using
spatial database Final slip.

This means your mesh has a point on the fault at the given coordinates,
but the code could find points in the spatial database it could use to
interpolate. This usually means you need to add points to your spatial
database to span the range of locations in your mesh. In other words,
the spatial database have points at x < a, but your mesh has points at x
 > a. This error can also show up when you add points but forget to
update num-locs in the header.

Another case where this error shows up is if you have a very nonuniform
distribution of points. The spatial database only searches through the
nearest 100 points to find ones it can use to interpolate. Thus if you
have >100 points with dense coverage in a region x < a and then very
sparse coverage for x > a, if a point is at x = a+epsilon, the nearest
100 points might be in the region x < a, so interpolation fails. The fix
in this case is to have a more gradual transition in sampling.

Note: You are also getting several warnings about unknown components at
the top of your log file. This corresponds to trying to set values for
components which do not exist in your model.