[CIG-SHORT] An error when running Pylith .

faqidiao faqidiao at asch.whigg.ac.cn
Wed Oct 26 18:39:35 PDT 2011

Carl & pylith developers,

  Thank your all for your kindly help!

  This problem perhaps induced by the fault mesh, and you may can help.
Let me give some simple introduction about my mesh.

  I attached my script,  from which I want to:

1) read in four faults and merge them into the background mesh.
2) extract the fault information from the combined mesh and make it as the
    input file of Pylith.

   From the output files of LaGrit, it seems that I have extracted the fault information
correctly. I said it is correct because the extracted fault information is consistent
with the original fault information (tmp_extractc_1.inp & fault_info_slip_1 .table, etc).

  I also checked the tmp_extractc_1.gmv, and didn't find any' hole' or 'silver' element
on the fault mesh.

  It should be mentioned that all faults in my mesh is curved, which means that the dip
decreased with depth. And the strike of the faults are not uniform.

 Please have a check of my mesh and give some suggestions to improve it.

  Thank you for your help in advance!
  Best wishes,

  Faqi Diao