[CIG-SHORT] Pylith install eror

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 11:04:10 PDT 2012

Hi developers,

If we install pylith using the pylith installer, can we still count on GNU autotools to run? I see that my changes in Makefile.am does not get transferred to Makefile.in. Editing Makefile.in manually works fine but is errorprone.

Earlier when we installed without the installer, I think we ran autoreconf which started the autotools? not sure.

Another question: What do we have to do for swig to run automatically whenever a new module is being created with its py, i, cc, hh files? Although I configured pylith install with enable-swig, I didn't get swig to generate new problems_wrap.cxx and problems.py in modulesrc/problems. Running swig manually does it but it is errorprone.
This thing also used to happen when we installed from the svn. How can I enable this now?

Thanks and regards
Birendra