[CIG-SHORT] TimeStepUser

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 09:48:48 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use TimeStepUser feature of Pylith. Is there
an example of using variable, user-specified time step
simulation? I intend to read some files at these specific
timesteps and want Pylith to only simulate at these steps.
In my test.cfg I have:

 [pylithapp.problem.formulation]
 time_step = pylith.problems.TimeStepUser
 [pylithapp.problem.formulation.time_step]
 total_time = 16.49555*year
 filename = timesteps.txt
 loop_steps = false

 I put the timesteps.txt in the same folder from where I call
 "pylith test.cfg" which is
 /build/pylith/pylith-1.6.3/examples/3d/hex8

 I see that the simulation enters
 ElasticityImplicit::integrateResidual() with t=0.0027397
 which is 1 day in dimensional unit. Isn't the Elastic
 prestep from -1 yr to 0 yr?
 After the simulation completes this timestep it just exits
 without going through my timesteps.txt. What am I doing
 wrong?

 timesteps.txt file contains:

 units = year
 0.999315537
 1.002053388
 0.999315537
 0.999315537
 1.037645448
 0.963723477
 0.999315537
 0.999315537
 0.999315537
 1.002053388
 0.999315537
 0.999315537
 0.999315537
 1.002053388
 0.999315537
 0.999315537
 0.495550992

 I tried with unit = day and corresponding numbers also.

 Thanks a lot
 Birendra