[CIG-SHORT] TimeStepUser

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 08:57:46 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use TimeStepUser feature of Pylith. Is there an example of using variable, user-specified time step simulation? I intend to read some files at these specific timesteps and want Pylith to only simulate at these steps. In my test.cfg I have:

[pylithapp.problem.formulation]
time_step = pylith.problems.TimeStepUser
[pylithapp.problem.formulation.time_step]
total_time = 16.49555*year
filename = timesteps.txt
loop_steps = false

I put the timesteps.txt in the same folder from where I call "pylith test.cfg" which is /build/pylith/pylith-1.6.3/examples/3d/hex8

I see that the simulation enters ElasticityImplicit::integrateResidual() with t=0.0027397 which is 1 day in dimensional unit. Isn't the Elastic prestep from -1 yr to 0 yr?
After the simulation completes this timestep it just exits without going through my timesteps.txt. What am I doing wrong?

timesteps.txt file contains:

units = year
0.999315537
1.002053388
0.999315537
0.999315537
1.037645448
0.963723477
0.999315537
0.999315537
0.999315537
1.002053388
0.999315537
0.999315537
0.999315537
1.002053388
0.999315537
0.999315537
0.495550992

I tried with unit = day and corresponding numbers also.

Thanks a lot
Birendra