[CIG-SHORT] 3 velocity BC

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 14 13:11:47 PDT 2012

Bobby,

I don't understand the description of what you are trying to do. Can you
make a schematic diagram of your problem setup (geometry w/BC and
faults) along with a mathematical description of what you want to
calculate? For example, what components of displacement/velocity are
constrained on each of your boundaries? Also, I don't understand what
you mean by "solutions calculated across the middle boundary" and "only
use the middle boundary to define a velocity in the center of the model"?