[CIG-SHORT] Pylith Install Error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 21 07:52:55 PDT 2012

As Matt noted, we need the config.log from the configure of nemesis to
know for sure what is going wrong.

I can say that there is a build issue with merlin (one of the Python
packages that we use) and Python version 2.7 and later. Merlin is
installed during "downloading missing Python dependencies". If merlin is
already installed, then an infinite loop can be encountered when merlin
tries to get installed again. The remedy is to remove all merlin related
files (*merlin*) from the installation directory ($PREFIX) and then
continue the installation from where things go wrong.