[CIG-SHORT] writing to output_points

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Jul 8 20:28:49 PDT 2012

Rowena,

In addition to a small bug in how we searched for points (see below),
the origin of the problem was that due to rounding errors PyLith did not
find the points (-40,10,0) and (-40,0,0) in the mesh. Moving these
points epsilon below the ground surface solves this problem.

I have fixed the search algorithm so that it skips cohesive cells (which
have zero volume) and will give the proper error message associated with
a point not being found within the domain. This fix will appear in the
next bugfix release.