[CIG-SHORT] error while initializing OutputPoints

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Jun 29 14:15:38 PDT 2012

Rowena,

Now I can reproduce the error. MPICH may be preventing you from seeing
the whole error message (it may kill the process before it has time to
write it to stdout). In any case, this looks like a bug because the
algorithm is trying to search for the output point in a cohesive cell.
This shouldn't happen.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I will let Matt know and we will fix this.

Brad

/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py:515:_initialize
  -- implicit(info)
  -- Setting up solution output.
Fatal error. Calling MPI_Abort() to abort PyLith application.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PetscApplication.py",
line 65, in onComputeNodes
     self.main(*args, **kwds)
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PyLithApp.py",
line 113, in main
     self.problem.initialize()
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/GreensFns.py",
line 135, in initialize
     self.formulation.initialize(self.dimension, self.normalizer)
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Implicit.py",
line 127, in initialize
     self._initialize(dimension, normalizer)
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py",
line 517, in _initialize
     output.initialize(self.mesh, normalizer)
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/meshio/OutputSolnPoints.py",
line 117, in initialize
     ModuleOutputSolnPoints.setupInterpolator(self, mesh, points,
normalizer)
   File
"/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/meshio/meshio.py",
line 263, in setupInterpolator
     def setupInterpolator(self, *args): return
_meshio.OutputSolnPoints_setupInterpolator(self, *args)
RuntimeError: Unsupported coneSize for element geometry computation
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode -1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.
mpiexec has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 3399 on
node arling exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpiexec (as reported here).
/tools/common/cig/gcc-4.6.1/bin/nemesis: mpiexec: exit 255
/tools/common/pylith-stable/gcc-4.6.1/bin/pylith:
/tools/common/cig/gcc-4.6.1/bin/nemesis: exit 1