[CIG-SHORT] Import Abaqus

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Mar 7 09:33:23 PST 2012

Birendra,

I don't have any experience importing Abaqus info into CUBIT, so I don't
know if I can be of much help. CUBIT may recognize info in the Abaqus
file and interpret them as blocks. You may need to do some cleanup
before creating the blocks and nodeset that PyLith expects.

Before you start creating blocks/nodesets from groups, look through the
tree view to see if CUBIT has already created FEA Blocks or Node Sets.
If it has and they are okay, then keep them, otherwise delete them. You
may also need to look and see if CUBIT added stuff to the CFD and
Materials portions. PyLith doesn't use any info from these, so they can
be deleted.

I would also double-check the groups (Right click on the name and then
select Draw) to make sure they are consistent with what you want for PyLith.

Brad