[CIG-SHORT] Pylith installer Petsc make error

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 10:06:00 PDT 2012

Hi

I downloaded pylith-installer-1.6.3-0 and I am trying to install it following the directions in INSTALL. I ran make as per Step 4. I am getting following error:

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for details):
Could not locate a functional C compiler

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev'
makefile:14: pylith_petsc_opt/conf/petscvariables: No such file or directory
/home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev/conf/variables:95: /home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev/pylith_petsc_opt/conf/petscvariables: No such file or directory
/home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev/conf/rules:1061: /home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev/pylith_petsc_opt/conf/petscrules: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev/pylith_petsc_opt/conf/petscrules'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bjha/build/pylith/petsc-dev'
make[2]: *** [petsc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bjha/build/pylith'
make[1]: *** [installed_petsc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bjha/build/pylith'
make: *** [installed_pylith] Error 2

I have attached $HOME/build/pyliyh/petsc-dev/configure.log. Also attached is the $HOME/build/pyliyh/config.log file.

Please help.

thanks and regards
Birendra