[CIG-SHORT] pylith priorities

Emma Hill ehill at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Mar 9 16:35:36 PST 2012

Hello,

For the PyLith priorities:
-- A big vote for Green's functions!!
-- I was happy to see the work on elastoplasticity in there.

For the scientific questions:
-- Everything here is really interesting to me.  Yes to all three!  It seems like you're right on target with identifying some of the "hot topics" of the moment.
(As an aside, if you could add geoid change to the elastic surface load calculations that would be neat, so people could also look at sea-level change.)
-- I'm intrigued by the note on data assimilation.  I think this is going to be really important in the coming years.  I'd love to know more!

Thanks,
Emma.
[http://www.earthobservatory.sg/temp/eos.gif]
Emma HILL (Assistant Professor) | Principal Investigator in Geodesy | Earth Observatory of Singapore |
Nanyang Technological University | N2-01a-15, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798 |
Tel: (+65) 6592-1603 (GMT+8h) | Fax: (+65) 6790-1585 | Email: ehill at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:ehill at ntu.edu.sg> | Web: www.earthobservatory.sg<http://www.earthobservatory.sg>

Begin forwarded message:

  1. ACTION REQUESTED: CIG Short-Term Crustal Dynamics priorities
     2012-2017 (Brad Aagaard)

CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.

Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.