[CIG-SHORT] Grid processing error

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 01:03:35 PDT 2012

Dear developers,

When trying to run the attached problem of axial compression (extended version of twocells/twohex8/axialdisp.cfg), I get following error during pre-processing:

mpinemesis: ../../../pylith-1.6.3/libsrc/pylith/feassemble/CellGeometry.cc:252: static void pylith::feassemble::CellGeometry::_orient2D(pylith::double_array*, const pylith::double_array&, double, const pylith::double_array&): Assertion `mag > 0.0' failed.

I don't know why the CellGeometry is identified as 2D quadrilateral when it is all hex cells. Probably the issue lies in a Submesh that got created with 4 nodes at z=0 and z=L?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Birendra