[CIG-SHORT] Pylith executable

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 17:56:13 PDT 2012

Dear developers

How can I create a executable package of Pylith from my build? Only a couple of original files in libsrc/pylith/feassemble have been modified, that too very slightly. It works in the build but I would like something similar to pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64 package, for portability.

In my Pylith install directory I have bin, share, include, lib, conf. In the pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64 folder (from the website) I see bin, share, include, lib, lib64, etc, src, and setup.sh.

Can I update the package just by replacing the libpylith.so.0.0.0?

Another question: Is it possible to add the timestep information in a Paraview animation? I am creating the avi file through 'Save Animation'. It would be nice to have the timestep number (or something similar) on each frame.

Thanks and best regards
Birendra