[CIG-SHORT] Pylith executable

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:15:55 PDT 2012

Hi Birendra,

I don't think I can answer your first question (maybe Brad or Matt can).

As far as your second question, ParaView has an Annotate Time filter that you can use.  You provide a format, an offset value, and a step value, at least for VTK output.  I'm not sure, but it's possible that it can actually read time info from HDF5 files -- I would have to check.

On 5/10/2012, at 1:56 PM, Birendra jha wrote:

> Dear developers
>
> How can I create a executable package of Pylith from my build? Only a couple of original files in libsrc/pylith/feassemble have been modified, that too very slightly. It works in the build but I would like something similar to pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64 package, for portability.
>
> In my Pylith install directory I have bin, share, include, lib, conf. In the pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64 folder (from the website) I see bin, share, include, lib, lib64, etc, src, and setup.sh.
>
> Can I update the package just by replacing the libpylith.so.0.0.0?
>
> Another question: Is it possible to add the timestep information in a Paraview animation? I am creating the avi file through 'Save Animation'. It would be nice to have the timestep number (or something similar) on each frame.
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Birendra

Charles A. Williams
Scientist