[CIG-SHORT] Output fault info at each time step

Hongfeng Yang hyang at whoi.edu
Mon Oct 15 09:18:00 PDT 2012

Hi

The PyLith manual says in Page 78
"By default the output manager outputs both diagnostic information
(e.g., fault normal direction) and the slip at each time step."

However, I have only seen the data fields output at each time step, but
not the orientation info although I've requested as the following
[pylithapp.problem.interfaces.fault.output]
vertex_info_fields = [normal_dir,strike_dir,dip_dir]
vertex_data_fields = [slip,slip_rate,traction]
output_freq = time_step
time_step = 0.04999*s
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterHDF5SubSubMesh
writer.filename = output/swdyn-fault.h5

In addition, when I output the data using points-output manager, I've
only seen displacement although I request both displacement and
velocity. Anyone has encountered this before?
[pylithapp.problem.formulation.output.points]
reader.filename = output_points.txt
vertex_data_fields = [displacement,velocity]
output_freq = time_step
time_step = 0.04999*s
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterHDF5Mesh
writer.filename = output/swdyn-points.h5

Thanks,

Hongfeng