[CIG-SHORT] (no subject)

BOK10 at pitt.edu BOK10 at pitt.edu
Sun Sep 9 15:16:50 PDT 2012

Hi,

So I have a 2-d model with 3 material blocks separated by faults (2 of
them total). I've used step 12 (section 7.8.7.4) as a guideline to setup
the code for pylith; however, is it possible to apply the velocity
boundary conditions on nodesets that are perpendicular to the direction of
motion? What I'd like to do is push (or pull) the blocks. Would this work?
I've attached a picture of what I'd like to do. Essentially I want to look
at the stress field that develops as the blocks are pushed past one
another.

I tried applying velocity boundary conditions in the direction i desire
for the top/bottom nodesets plus an additional nodeset I created in the
center of the middle material block, but the output made it obvious that
it ran the calculations above/below the middle boundary separately.

Thanks,
Bobby Karimi