[CIG-SHORT] long-term simulation of seismic cycles with rate and state friction law

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Feb 18 09:47:48 PST 2013

Shaoyang,

We have not yet implemented fully adaptive time stepping in PyLith, but
it is on our TODO list. You can manually alter the time step by using
the TimeStepUser. This does require knowing when you need the finer time
steps. We don't have an example that illustrates the use of
TimeStepUser, so see the PyLith manual for how to use user-specified
time steps.