[CIG-SHORT] Pylith for Post Glacial Rebound

Francisco Delgado De La Puente fjd49 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 22 12:37:16 PDT 2013

Hi, I was one of the atendees to the Pylith course about one month ago and
I'm planning to use it to model post glacial rebound. However, as the PGR
equation of motion is different than the usually equation of motion
implemented in finite element packages, the boundary conditions must be
modified in such a way that elastic springs ( Winkler foundation) must be
attached to the free surface and the elastic-viscoelastic interface *(Wu,
P. (2004), Using commercial finite element packages for the study of earth
deformations, sea levels and the state of stress, Geophys. J. Int., 158,
401–408.) *So my question is the following, are does boundary conditions
implemented in Pylith?? I have looked in the manual but the only thingg
I've found springs are the for the physical analogy of the Maxwell
viscoelastic model.

Best regards

Francisco Delgado
PhD student in Geophysics