[CIG-SHORT] stdout stderr of PBS parallel run

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Mar 17 13:29:43 PDT 2013

Birendra,

The existence of torque/spool is specific to using TORQUE/MAUI as the
PBS queue system. There are other versions of PBS. You should consult
your system administrator and/or the PBS documentation for your queue
system for details if you are not using TORQUE/MAUI.

If you are using TORQUE/MAUI, then I would expect you to be able to see
the operating system files, such as /usr, on a compute node. The
directory torque/spool could be in /usr/local or something like that
depending on how your admin setup the system.

You could run "find / -name spool" on a compute node to find all the
spool directories and see if any of them are associated with the PBS
queue system.

Brad