[CIG-SHORT] Initial stress conditions

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Nov 6 13:31:18 PST 2013

Eric,

You can examine the fault tractions to see if they are consistent
between the case when you use BC and when you use an initial stress
field. They should be the same if everything is setup consistently. This
is what I have done for the SCEC dynamic spontaneous rupture benchmarks
where I needed an initial stress field over the domain for an
elastoplastic rheology.