[CIG-SHORT] a question on pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Nov 11 18:53:38 PST 2013

Shi,

PyLith solves the elasticity equation (see the manual for details on the
governing equations). Using the small-strain formulation, the effects of
changes in the geometry associated with deformation will change the
resulting gravitational loading. Calculating any resulting changes in
the geoid from the deformation would require post-processing with your
own code. If I am misunderstanding your questions, please send a more
mathematical description of what you want to do.