[CIG-SHORT] Elastoplastic material question

Eric Lindsey elindsey at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:30:01 PST 2013

Yep, the models are converging. I don't think my solver is the best
(still need to figure that out), but in this case they are working to
the specified tolerance. When I decrease both the nonlinear/linear
tolerances by a power of 10, there is no change in the results either.

Lines from pylith's output just before the failure:

 -- Solving equations.
  0 SNES Function norm 8.855961010479e-05
  Linear solve converged due to CONVERGED_ATOL iterations 111
      Line search: Using full step: fnorm 8.855961010479e-05 gnorm
1.056268143324e-13
  1 SNES Function norm 1.056268143324e-13
Nonlinear solve converged due to CONVERGED_FNORM_ABS iterations 1
 >> /home/class239/software/pylith/pylith-1.9.0-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/TimeDependent.py:200:run
 -- timedependent(info)
 -- Finishing advancing solution from t=3.15576e+07*s to t=6.31152e+07*s.
Fatal error. Calling MPI_Abort() to abort PyLith application.

Eric