[CIG-SHORT] Elastoplastic material question

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 19 09:18:34 PST 2013

Eric,

Can you send me a tarball of *all* of the input files, including the
mesh? That will allow me to try to reproduce your error and test some
things.

Another thing to try is to reduce the time step. If the increment in the
load pushes the solution far outside the yield surface, it may have
difficulty determining how to project back. I am skeptical that this
issue is the problem, but it is relatively easy to try.

Brad