[CIG-SHORT] Help with non uniform shear traction on the fault surface

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sat Nov 23 20:03:37 PST 2013

Xiao,

See examples/3d/hex8/step19.cfg. This examples uses a spatial database
for spatial variation of the tractions for a Neumann BC. The idea is the
same for a fault.

For detailed examples for a dynamic spontaneous rupture problem see
https://github.com/geodynamics/pylith_benchmarks/tree/master/dynamic/scecdynrup/tpv205-2d
(note that there are a few parameters in the .cfg files that need to be
changed so that this wll run with PyLith 1.9 (CellFilterAvg ->
CellFilterAvgMesh; DataWriterHDF5 -> DataWriterHDF5Mesh).