[CIG-SHORT] Fault friction in output

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Sep 8 08:29:39 PDT 2013

Birendra,

You can request output of any friction model parameters using
vertex_info_fields and output of slip, slip rate, and tractions along
with any friction model state variables using vertex_data_fields. See
the PyLith manual for the list of state variables (these are the values
that can be used in the db_initial_state spatial database).

I think the coefficient of friction and friction stress can be
reconstructed using the friction model from this information for any of
the friction models implemented.