[CIG-SHORT] Not able to run dynamic fault (step11) with Pylith-1.9.0 installed from source

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 18:40:17 PDT 2013

Brad

I have attached the config.log of my pylith-1.9.0 installation.

Thanks and regards
Birendra

 Subject: Re: [CIG-SHORT] Not able to run dynamic fault (step11) with Pylith-1.9.0 installed from source
 To: cig-short at geodynamics.org
 Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 2:29 AM

 Birendra,

 I don't find any problems with examples/3d/hex8/step11. It
 runs fine for
 me using the binary and building from source. My guess is
 that something
 is wrong with your installation. Did you wipe out all of the
 old PyLith
 stuff in your PATH, PYTHONPATH, etc or at least adjust your
 PATH,
 PYTHONPATH, etc so that they only see v1.9.0? Did all of the
 tests pass
 when you built pylith using the installer?

 What happens when you do the following?
 nemesis
 import pylith.faults.FaultCohesiveDyn
 pylith.faults.FaultCohesiveDyn.__file__

 You can also try running
 pylithinfo --verbose step11.cfg

 The output will be written to pylith_parameters.txt. It will
 show you
 where every parameter is set. You would first need to fix
 any validation
 errors to get this far, because those are tripped before the
 parameters
 can be written.

 On 9/1/13 10:26 PM, Birendra jha wrote:
 > Hi Pylith developers
 >
 > I installed Pylith-1.9.0 using the installer on the
 pylith website. Installation was successful with no error
 messages except in the beginning when I ran configure I got
 a message about existing software:

 > WARNING: Existing version of HDF5 installed. Found
 /usr/bin/h5dump
 > WARNING: Existing version of NetCDF installed. Found
 /usr/bin/ncdump

 > configure: error: "Configure failed due to conflict
 with existing software. Existing software may interfere with
 proper installation of PyLith, may be configured incorrectly
 for use with PyLith, or may have been built with
 incompatible compilers. Remove existing software
 (RECOMMENDED) or reconfigure with --enable-force-install to
 override error message. "

 > As per suggestion, I reran configure with
 --enable-force-install option, and it finished successfully
 along with 'make'.

 > I am able to run successfully all examples e.g. step01,
 step06 except examples with dynamic fault e.g. step11:

 > [bjha at login hex8]$ pylith step11.cfg
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >    File "/data/bjha/pylith-1.9.0/bin/pylith",
 line 39, in <module>
 >      start(applicationClass=PyLithApp)
 >    File
 "/data/bjha/pylith-1.9.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.15-py2.7.egg/pyre/applications/__init__.py",
 line 41, in start
 >      shell.run(**kwds)
 >    File
 "/data/bjha/pylith-1.9.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.15-py2.7.egg/pyre/applications/Shell.py",
 line 125, in run
 >      app.applyConfiguration(context)
 >    File
 "/data/bjha/pylith-1.9.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.15-py2.7.egg/pyre/inventory/Configurable.py",
 line 84, in applyConfiguration
 >      raise ValueError("%s\nBacktrace -
 Component %s" % (err.message, aliases))
 > ValueError: Error while configuring spatial database
 reader (simpleioascii, iohandler):
 > Filename for spatial database not specified.
 > Backtrace - Component simpleioascii, iohandler
 > Backtrace - Component simpledb, slip
 > Backtrace - Component stepslipfn, slip_function
 > Backtrace - Component eqkinsrc, rupture
 > Backtrace - Component singlerupture, eq_srcs
 > Backtrace - Component faultcohesivekin, fault
 > Backtrace - Component interfaces
 > Backtrace - Component timedependent, problem
 > Backtrace - Component pylithapp
 >
 > Why is it saying faultcohesivekin when it is
 FaultCohesiveDyn in the step11.cfg? I am able to run this in
 my Pylith-1.8.0 copy.