[CIG-SHORT] python function to read ExodusII files

Aagaard, Brad baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Dec 8 09:01:57 PST 2014

Christian,

PyLith uses the NetCDF library via C++ to read Exodus files.

I recommend the netCDF4 module (which we include in the PyLith binary) for
access to NetCDF files from Python. See
examples/meshing/cubit_cellsize/exodus_add_properties.py for an example of
how we add cell size information to an Exodus file.

Brad