[CIG-SHORT] Problem setting initial conditions

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Feb 2 10:07:30 PST 2014

Oliver,

There are separate spatial databases for initial stress and initial strain.

[pylithapp.timedependent.materials.upper_crust]
db_initial_stress = spatialdata.spatialdb.SimpleDB
db_initial_stress.label = Initial stress in upper crust
db_initial_stress.iohandler.filename =
spatialdb/afterslip_stress_uppercrust.spatialdb
db_initial_stress.query_type = nearest

# ADD db_initial_strain
db_initial_strain = spatialdata.spatialdb.SimpleDB
db_initial_strain.label = Initial strain in upper crust
db_initial_strain.iohandler.filename =
spatialdb/afterslip_strain_uppercrust.spatialdb
db_initial_strain.query_type = nearest

Remember you can use pylith --COMPONENT.help and
--COMPONENT.help-properties and --COMPONENT.help-components to
interrogate what properties and components are available. In this case
COMPONENT would be
timedependent.materials.upper_crust.

pylith step1Kin.cfg --timedependent.materials.upper_crust.help-components
facilities of 'elasticisotropic3d':
     db_initial_state=<component name>: Database for initial state
variables.
         current value: 'nullcomponent', from {default}
         configurable as: nullcomponent, db_initial_state
     db_initial_strain=<component name>: Database for initial strain.
         current value: 'nullcomponent', from {default}
         configurable as: nullcomponent, db_initial_strain
     db_initial_stress=<component name>: Database for initial stress.
         current value: 'nullcomponent', from {default}
         configurable as: nullcomponent, db_initial_stress
     db_properties=<component name>: Database for physical property
parameters.
         current value: 'simpledb', from {default}
         configurable as: simpledb, db_properties
     output=<component name>: Output manager for elastic material
information.
         current value: 'outputmatelastic', from {default}
         configurable as: outputmatelastic, output
     perf_logger=<component name>: Performance and memory logging.
         current value: 'memory_logger', from {default}
         configurable as: memory_logger, perf_logger
     quadrature=<component name>: Quadrature object for numerical
integration.
         current value: 'quadrature', from {default}
         configurable as: quadrature

Brad