[CIG-SHORT] Problem setting initial conditions

Oliver Boyd olboyd at usgs.gov
Mon Feb 3 09:04:24 PST 2014

Hi Brad,
Thanks for your help. I had initially tried using db_initial_strain as
well as several of other things. I did as you suggested below, but do not
see the initial strain field being set after running step2Kin. Thanks for
reminding me of the use of --component.help. I was trying to figure out
what variables I needed to set in db_initial_strain. Based on the manual I
thought it was strain-xx Š, but I wasn't sure. I thought I might be able
to get to it with help-properties, but I still haven't figured that out.
In any case, I'm still doing something wrong.

Thanks again for your help,
Oliver