[CIG-SHORT] Problem setting initial conditions

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 12:30:58 PST 2014

Sorry for being slow to respond to this, Oliver.  I haven’t gone through everything in detail, but one thing I noticed is that your boundary conditions on the external boundaries are different for the two problems, which means that you won’t be able to get the same stress/strain state for the two cases.  One possible solution would be to leave one boundary free.  I’m not sure if this will work or not, but it’s probably worth a shot.

Charles A. Williams
Scientist
GNS Science
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon