[CIG-SHORT] statevarsvertex dof error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Jul 14 12:27:20 PDT 2014

Birendra,

I have found two small bugs with easy workarounds.

1. The initial state variables are not being setup correctly resulting
in the error message you get. Since you are setting the initial state
variables to zero, you can omit this and get the behavior you want.

2. The field split preconditioner has a bug in it that causes the matrix
preallocation to be wrong when there is a buried fault in which the
buried edges have not been marked. The "workaround" (proper thing to do)
is to mark the buried edges in the meshes (CUBIT) and use the edge
property.

I will fix these bugs as soon as I can find time to work on PyLith.

Brad