[CIG-SHORT] Pylith error in initializing integrators

Jiangzhi Chen jzchenjzarthur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:01:16 PST 2014

Hello everyone,

I am running a modified version of example/2d/subduction where I extrude
the 2d mesh to 3d. I get an error in initializing integrators when I run
step01. I think the error may come from some bad boundary conditions.
The error reads:

    /usr/local/src/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py:468:_setupInterfaces
      -- implicit(info)
      -- Added interface condition 'fault_slabtop' as an integrator.

    /usr/local/src/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py:188:preinitialize
      -- implicit(info)
      -- Pre-initializing output.

    /usr/local/src/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Problem.py:150:verifyConfiguration
      -- timedependent(info)
      -- Verifying compatibility of problem configuration.

    /usr/local/src/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/TimeDependent.py:117:initialize
      -- timedependent(info)
      -- Initializing problem.

    /usr/local/src/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py:500:_initialize
      -- implicit(info)
      -- Initializing integrators.
    [0]0:Return code = 0, signaled with Abort trap

I know that this is not the read error message but I do not know where
to find the real one. I attached all the files.

Thank you,

Jiangzhi