[CIG-SHORT] Fault direction in 3D fault

Jiangzhi Chen jzchenjzarthur at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:03:37 PDT 2014

Hi Brad and Charles,

     Thanks for your advice. First I tried Brad's suggestion, but the
slab still went to wrong direction (screen1 and screen2). To be clear,
the model simulates the Cascadia subduction zone, X is easting, Y is
northing, and Z is up. Currently I have slabtop and slabbot both
creeping at 8 cm/yr, and the slab is supposed to go down with slight
rotation because of the geometry of the subduction boundary.

     Then I tried the suggestion from Charles, changed the bc_dof on the
side to 1, and bc_dof on the bottom to 2, with up_dir [0,0,1]. This
time, the slab did go down, but it just sank all way down (slab.gif).

Jiangzhi