[CIG-SHORT] pylith install error

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 15:27:20 PDT 2014

Hi Charles

Yes, I have prescribed those three types of stresses, and I would like to get a zero displacement solution by balancing them out.
The top depth of the model is 500 m. Therefore, I have a non-zero traction at the top boundary to balance the initial stress, which is also non-zero at the top i.e. at the 500 m depth. On the right, I am trying to represent a horizontal compression which is 0.7 times the vertical stress (overburden), i.e. a normal faulting regime.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for looking into it
Birendra