[CIG-SHORT] plastic deformation

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Oct 2 07:50:21 PDT 2014

Birendra,

It would help to know what you have tried to resolve this problem? Have
you checked the scales used in the nondimensionalization? Have you
verified convergence for the same problem with a linear elastic
material? Does a linear elastic material converge in one nonlinear solve
iteration? What else have you tried?