[CIG-SHORT] plastic deformation

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 13:52:40 PDT 2014

Brad

1. I tried lengthscale of 1 m and 0.01 m, same results. I changed timescale to 1 day, no difference.
2. Using ElasticIsotropic3D, nonlinear solver converges in one iteration as expected.
3. I tried changing the maximum value of the load (the load changes sinusoidally). Usually, it converges at lower values but I may not see plastic strain. I would like to see some plastic strain.
4. I also reduced the friction-angle from 40*degree to 30*degree.

I will try few more things.

Thanks
Birendra