[CIG-SHORT] Output line information

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Sep 10 07:30:46 PDT 2014

Xiao,

There are two ways to get output on a line depending on what you want:

1. Output along at points along a line at known locations independent of
the mesh. Use OutputSolnPoints.

2. Output along a line at the resolution of the mesh. Use
OutputSolnSubset and create a nodeset/pset along a line in 2-D or a
strip in 3-D. The restriction in this case is that the points must form
a lower dimension mesh (line for 2-D domain, surface for 3-D domain).