[CIG-SHORT] problem with Multiprocessing

Alireza Kh civil.alireza at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 01:15:02 PDT 2014

I am trying to install and test Virtual California for the first time on
Ubuntu 14.04. According to the User Manual, I got the essential and
optional requirements (such as openMP, SWIG…) to compile VC and deploy it
across multiple processors. Fortunately, all tests passed (as shown in the
attached file). However, I have a problem with writing output files in HDF5
Format, when I use multiple processors. For the first attempt to fix the
problem, I thought it comes from improper installation of HDF5-dev, and
changed the output file format to TXT. Unfortunately, the results from an
MPI simulation were not identical that from a single processor simulation
(the attached sample). I did my best to find the wrong thing(s) in
installation procedure, but I could not find causes of error “Segmentation
fault (Signal 11)”. Would you please help me about this problem?

sincerely yours,
Alireza