[CIG-SHORT] Uniform time-stepping for long runs on viscoelastic domain (Brad Aagaard)

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Jun 7 20:29:46 PDT 2015

Michal,

The 95 files instead of 100 years is almost surely related to round off
errors. If you want output every 1 year exactly, I generally use 0.9999
years in setting the output time interval or set the time step skip to 9
(0 means every time step) when using a dt of 0.1 years.

I agree that the long run hanging is suspicious if the simulation runs
fine for fewer time steps. The best way to debug that type of situation
is to use the debugger and turn on more output journals and PETSc
monitors so you can see where the code is.