[CIG-SHORT] Fault opening with none zero tractions

Ge Li, Mr ge.li2 at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 17 07:48:12 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Sorry for not clarifying my questions. My question is:
I find points with slip[:,2]>0 & abs(traction[:,2])>0 even though I choose 'open_free_surface =True'.
You can check this link(output_true folder. Sorry I attached a wrong link last week):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s4m448qy8i8id4/AAACD73Kc8tYSYs___5XOoKEa?dl=0

These points appear at t=0.25*s. This is impossible considering the definition of free open surface and how pylith deals with it.
Output array index seems right, i.e. '2' corresponds to normal direction in fault coordinate system. I am wondering if I missed something about this?

Best,
 Ge