[CIG-SHORT] Initial stress cell_data_fields settings and interpolation

Chunyu Liu (cliu5) cliu5 at memphis.edu
Wed Nov 11 08:42:24 PST 2015

Hi,

When I do 3D linear interpolation for initial stress, It always shows that :
Could not find initial stress at (  100270  116887  -36173.7) in material

But, my initial stress domain is bigger than my mesh domain.Generally, it should work.
If the initial stress domain is bigger and is linearly interpolated, it should include this point( 100270,116887,-36173.7).

It works when I use 2D dimension data or use nearest interpolation.

Does this mean the linear interpolation interval is not small enough?
I should modify that linear interpolation source file, right?

Appreciate for any ideas and suggestions.

Thank you