[CIG-SHORT] Point Force in Pylith

Jamie Potter jtpotter at mit.edu
Tue Aug 30 12:17:08 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I am currently trying to apply a point force in a 2D problem. I get the error below when I try to apply a point force as a boundary condition on one node. I would like to get the displacement of a set of nodes along a line (face_ypos). I’ve attached my configuration files (pointforce.cfg and pylithapp.cfg), mesh (2Dxy.exo and the journal file it is created from: 2Dxy.jou), and spatialdb files (mat_elastic.spatialdb). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jamie

Jamie$ pylith pointforce.cfg
 >> pointforce.cfg:62:
 -- pyre.inventory(error)
 -- pylithapp.timedependent.implicit.bc.node_i <- 'pylith.bc.PointForce'
 -- unknown component 'pylithapp.timedependent.implicit.bc'
component 'pylithapp'
    properties: help, help-components, help-persistence, help-properties, initialize_only, job, launcher, mesh_generator, nodes, perf_logger, petsc, problem, scheduler, start_python_debugger, typos, weaver
    facilities: job,launcher,mesh_generator,perf_logger,petsc,problem,scheduler,weaver
For more information:
  --help-properties: prints details about user settable properties
  --help-components: prints details about user settable facilities and components
pylithapp: configuration error(s)