[CIG-SHORT] MPI error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Dec 9 15:53:29 PST 2016

Roby,

I would check the memory use to see if you are running out of memory
while trying to distribute the mesh. If you are running out of memory,
then I would generate the mesh at a coarser resolution and use parallel
global uniform refinement to get the mesh at the desired resolution.

When running in parallel, we also recommend using DataWriterHDF5Ext
because it uses low level MPI-IO and then wraps the files in the HDF5
container. This is less prone to corruption of the HDF5 files.

Brad