[CIG-SHORT] Converting CUBIT example to LaGriT

Maxfield Longchamp longchampm at carleton.edu
Thu Feb 18 21:20:11 PST 2016

Hi,

  I'm trying to convert the example PyLith problem step06.cfg from a CUBIT mesh to work with a LaGriT mesh. To just get it working to start, I'm trying to use the LaGriT mesh from the example problems. I've changed lines in pylithapp.cfg and step06.cfg that are obvious to me like

-mesh and pset files
-names of psets to use
-changed quadrature.cell from  pylith.feassemble.FIATLagrange to pylith.feassemble.FIATSimplex

I've also made sure that all of the correct spatial db files are in the folder.

When I run the problem I get the error message (and last few lines of output)

" >> /Users/Shared/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Problem.py:150:verifyConfiguration
 -- timedependent(info)
 -- Verifying compatibility of problem configuration.
[0]0:Return code = 0, signaled with Abort trap: 6"

I've tried to change as little as possible about the problem set-up, and I'm assuming mesh quality is not an issue because I'm using the mesh provided in the LaGriT examples. I've attached the files that I'm working with. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
  Max