[CIG-SHORT] RELAX Question

Austin Madson amadson at ucla.edu
Mon Jan 18 18:51:22 PST 2016

Professor Barbot,

Thanks for the prompt response. I looked at the documentation and the man
page (as well as the examples on the PDF on the geodynamics website) and
have made progress.

As an fyi, we plan on modeling several hundred years of surface loading
from very large lakes (i.e. time dependent loads). Are there any RELAX
surface load examples laying around (they can just be single/multiple point
and even instantaneous (no time function)? The GRACE example on the example
pdf "hides" the data in various dat files (which makes sense if you're
using a lot of data, but it's hard to see their example inputs).

I expect to see only millimeters of deformation throughout the run - will
the outputs be precise enough if I use the correct SI units throughout?

Cheers,
Austin Madson