[CIG-SHORT] RELAX Question

Sylvain Barbot sylbar.vainbot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:29:06 PST 2016

Hi Austin,

The Tibet lakes have a great loading signal. You can use Relax to
simulate the deformation, but you need to be careful about how
important the elastic stratification is. If your data are close to the
source, you're fine. I presume you are using paleo-shoreline data. If
so, use the shallow rigidity for the entire domain. If you are
modeling far-field data, you should use a code that have a layered
elastic structure, i.e., (Farrell, 1972).

The example attached models the deformation from the Indian monsoon
using Grace data. The example cycleload.sh creates a periodic surface
load.

Best wishes,
Sylvain