[CIG-SHORT] Runtime Error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Jan 22 12:41:56 PST 2016

On 01/22/2016 12:25 PM, Bobak Karimi wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I do have buried edges, but not the on the fault it's referring to.
> 'NNStrand' extends across the entire domain.

If the topology is adjusted for the other faults first, it could be
affecting the topology of cells touching this fault.

> For the faults with a buried edge, should the nodeset include all the
> nodes, including the node that is the buried edge node within the
> main fault? Or do we not include that node?

The nodeset for the fault should include all vertices on the fault. The
nodeset for the buried edges should include the subset of the vertices
on the fault which are on buried edges.

As always, it is a good idea to check the quality of the mesh to check
for severely distorted cells.