[CIG-SHORT] Pylith installer 2.1.2-0: Petsc build fails

Ravi Kanda kanda.vs.ravi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 06:26:12 PDT 2016

Hi Brad,

Using the just released Pylith-installer-2.1.2-3.  Everything up to
cmake builds and installs, but then encounters a Petsc build failure in
plexdistributef.c:
=============
[ 56%] Building C object
CMakeFiles/petsc.dir/src/dm/impls/plex/ftn-auto/plexinterpolatef.c.o
/home/rkanda/sw/src/pylith/pylith-installer-2.1.2-0/petsc-pylith/src/dm/impls/plex/ftn-auto/plexdistributef.c:
In function ‘dmplexdistributedata_’:
/home/rkanda/sw/src/pylith/pylith-installer-2.1.2-0/petsc-pylith/src/dm/impls/plex/ftn-auto/plexdistributef.c:173:15:
error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
   MPI_Type_f2c(*(datatype)),originalData,
                ^
make[5]: ***
[CMakeFiles/petsc.dir/src/dm/impls/plex/ftn-auto/plexdistributef.c.o]
Error 1"
=============
Petsc configure seems to have finished without 'problems', as far as I
can tell (attached,
<SRC>/petsc-pylith/arch-pylith/lib/petsc/conf/configure.log). I am
attaching a TGZ file with the full build/install STDOUT, as well as the
CONFIG log from the petsc-pylith directory.

I realize you are probably busy with CIG tutorial prep, so if there is
no simple fix, I'll just use my previously installed v2.1.0, or try the
2.1.2 binary.

Please let me know either way.

Thanks,
Ravi.

  Ravi Kanda
  Adjunct Assistant Professor
  Department of Geology
  Utah State University
  4505 Old Main Hill
  Logan UT 84322-4505
  Web Page: https://ravi-vs-kanda.github.io

For a human being, the unexamined life is not worth living - SOCRATES