[CIG-SHORT] Ellipsoid mesh for Pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed May 4 14:20:07 PDT 2016

Francisco,

Create a sphere and scale it along the desired axes using the scale command.

https://cubit.sandia.gov/public/15.1/help_manual/WebHelp/geometry/transforms/scale.htm

The scale command resizes an entity (body, volume, surface, or curve) by
a scaling factor. The scaling factor may be a constant, or may differ in
the x, y, and z directions. The entity chosen will be scaled about the
point or vertex indicated. If no point or vertex is entered, it will be
scaled about the origin. Any mesh on the object will be scaled too,
unless the nomesh keyword is used.

The command to scale entities is:

<value>] [Group_Results]] [Preview]

If the copy option is specified, a copy of the entity is made and scaled
the specified amount. Use the repeat option to create multiple copies